Laminate flooring is made from synthetic materials such as plywood or fiberboard. It’s an inexpensive flooring solution for people who can’t afford the luxurious hardwood flooring design. If you’re planning to install laminate flooring in your home to enjoy the same cozy aesthetics and warmth as hardwood floors, give this blog a read. It’ll help you determine whether or not laminate flooring will meet your family’s needs, preferences, and style!
Pros of Laminate Flooring
- Laminate flooring is highly durable. It can last for several years with proper care and maintenance. However, it cannot withstand high foot traffic. Therefore, install underlayment for additional protection and insulation to make it more durable for your home.
- Laminate flooring is easy to maintain and clean. While hardwood floorsrequire frequent sanding and refinishing services, laminate flooring is low-maintenance and can be cleaned easily using a mop or a vacuum.
- Reasonable rates are what make a great selling point for laminate floors. In fact, laminate floors are one of the least expensive flooring options in the market.
- While hardwood floors are susceptible to scratches and abrasions, laminate flooring is highly resilient. It resists wear and is suitable for families with kids or pets.
- Laminate floors make your interior visually appealing. It can reflect the appearance of natural wood, stone, and other materials without displaying any of their properties.
Disadvantages of Laminate Flooring
- Without an underlayment, laminate flooring is likely to reflect the imperfectionsof the subfloor. It can show several dents and bumps, ruining the visual aesthetics of your home.
- Hardwood floors may be vulnerable to damage, but they can be refinished to restore their original appearance. On the contrary, laminate floors can’t be sanded or refinished and may have to be replaced every few years to maintain your home’s property value.
- Another drawback of using laminate planks is that they aren’t moisture-proof. Thus, avoid using this flooring design in moisture-prone areas like kitchens, washrooms, or laundry rooms.
- Laminate floors last for about 25 years, depending on your maintenance practice. Excessive wear can cause them to lose their shine prematurely.
If you wish to install laminate floors in your home in Kirkland, reach out to us at Five Star Hardwood Floors. We offer wood floor installation services and waterproof floors at affordable rates. Contact us now for more details.