Seattle’s Top-Rated Hardwood Floor Refinishing & Staining Services
Dustless Hardwood Floor Refinishing Gets Rid of the Mess
Sanding is a necessary evil when you install, refinish, or repair a hardwood floor. In the past, it was a messy process that left a thick layer of sawdust all over your home. It required family members and pets to leave the home while the sanding took place. That’s not how we do it at Five Star Hardwood Floors. We use a state-of-the-art dustless hardwood floor refinishing system designed to make the process clean and fast.
Our dustless sanding system, by Bona, eliminates the mess and clean-up frustration. We use the Bona Atomic Dust Containment System®, or DCS. It traps all dust before it can spread throughout your home or business and transports the particles into an Atomic DCS® trailer outside, which makes for a clean wood floor refinishing process in Seattle, WA.
Benefits of Using the Bona Atomic DCS Dustless Sanding System on Your Seattle Home’s Floors:
- No airborne dust particles to settle on furniture, drapes, and carpets
- No need to seal rooms with plastic sheeting
- No dust in the ductwork to be blown around after the job is finished
- Time savings – no need to hang and remove plastic sheeting when finished
- No need to vacate your home or board your pets
- Dust free environment ensures a perfect finish coat.
We love this sanding system. It’s convenient, effective, and clean. We have used it to remove five layers of paint from a 60-year old wood floor and it looked fantastic.
Five Star Offers Custom Stain Colors for Perfect Results
The Most Durable Hardwood Floor Finish
When it comes to finishing your floor, we use Bona Traffic® hardwood floor finish. It’s the industry’s premium hardwood floor finish for durability and beauty. Designed specifically for the unique demands of heavy traffic hardwood floors, its advanced formula provides the ultimate in durability, outperforming any finish in the industry – moisture cure, solvent-based, oil-modified, or other waterborne finishes. It’s even GREENGUARD indoor air quality certified so it won’t leave a strong chemical smell in your home.
We use it because we want our beautiful work to look great for a long, long time. We also apply three coats of finish to your Seattle home’s wood floors, as opposed to the normal 1-2 coats, to ensure long-lasting results.
Key Benefits of Bona Traffic Floor Finish
- Excellent resistance to wear
- Excellent application and leveling properties for a flawless result
- Suitable for recoating already finished surfaces*
- Non-yellowing surface
- Classified EC1R for very low emissions and indoor air pollution