Hardwood floors are an incredible option for most homeowners. Although hardwood is tough and durable, it tends to wear with time. However, certain cleaning methods can help you enhance your hardwood flooring’s lifespan.
The term “deep cleaning” refers to a focused cleaning approach that targets unreachable areas that you are likely to miss during regular cleaning. Deep cleaning is used to loosen and remove the dirt accumulated between the hardwood planks. It restores your flooring’s original luster and promotes a healthier indoor living environment. Here’s everything you need to know about deep cleaning your hardwood floors:
How Does Deep Cleaning Help?
Allergens, dust, and dirt can get into the crevices and seams of your hardwood flooring. Deep cleaning can remove the debris that regular cleaning leaves behind. Here are some benefits of deep cleaning your floors:
- Clears away harmful elements
- Promotes a healthier living environment
- Allows you to save money in the long run
Tools to Deep Clean Hardwood Floors
- Mop Pads
- Dry mops
- Cleaning products such as disinfectants and sanitizers
Steps to Deep Clean Hardwood Floors
- Keep all your tools ready before you begin deep cleaning your floor. The time required to deep clean a hardwood floor depends upon how well you clean them regularly. The process won’t take long if you clean your floors daily.
- Use a dry mop to get rid of the dust on the floor’s surface. You may also use a vacuum or a broom to get rid of dirt. Ensure to clean along the plank’s directions to avoid scratching the surfaces.
- Next, use a wet mop to clear away the dust that might have been left behind during the second step. Ensure your mop isn’t soaked with liquids, as excessive moisture could ruin your hardwood flooring.
- Locate unreachable areas and tough stains between the planks. You may use a putty knife to scrape off tough stains or dirt buildup on the floor.
- Mop the floor with your cleaning products. Change the mop pad now and again for a lasting effect. Using a single mop throughout the process is not recommended.
- Examine the floor to check if any stains are left. Repeat steps 2–5 as needed.
Another way to maintain the longevity of your hardwood floor is to avail dustless refinishing services in Kirkland. At Five Star Hardwood Floors, our team ensures to add a protective layer to your flooring, keeping it safe from water damage and dirt buildup. For more details, contact us now!